To reduce your risk of infection and prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19 viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you often touch.
- Stay home from work, school, and public areas if you’re sick.
- Take care of your health overall by staying current on your vaccinations, healthy eating, and exercising.