- 1 whole chicken innards removed
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 1 onion cut in half
- 1 recipe Rotisserie blend
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Place trivet ininstant pot pan and pour in 1 cup COLD water into instant pot. Use 2 cups water if you have an 8 quart instant pot.
- Rub seasoning evenly over chicken.
- Place cut lemon and onion inside cavity of chicken and place chicken on trivet in instant pot.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and be sure valve is turned to sealed.
- Set on high pressure for 6 minutes per pound of chicken. If your chicken seems like it is really thick (the chicken breasts are large) you may want to increase time to 7 minutes per pound. A smaller organic chicken only needs 6 minutes per pound.
- Once cooking time is finished, allow pressure to release naturally for at least 10 minutes, preferably closer to 20 minutes. Check the temperature of the chicken with a digital thermometerto be sure it has reached 165 degrees in the thickest part of the chicken thigh.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and place on cutting board, let chicken rest for an additional 10 minutes for the juices to redistribute.
Source: A Mindful Mom