- 2 large avocados, pits removed
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup (or more) fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups heavy cream (optional)
- ¼ cup cocoa nibs and/or chopped hazelnuts
Scoop avocado flesh into a blender and scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; reserve pod for another use. Add cocoa powder, maple syrup, agave nectar, orange juice, and salt and blend to a coarse purée. With motor running, gradually stream in ¾ cup hot (but not boiling) water; blend, adding more orange juice as needed, until smooth and creamy.
Divide pudding among eight 4–6 oz. ramekins or small bowls and chill, uncovered, at least 2 hours.