The skilled and supportive Care Coordinators at The Corvallis Clinic offer peace of mind to our primary care patients. To enable the proper delivery of healthcare services to these patients, our Care Coordination team:
- Works closely with the primary care teams, and with other providers both within and outside The Clinic, to ensure patient healthcare records accurately reflect any health and medication changes
- Contacts every primary care patient within two days of discharge from a hospital or facility to ensure they are stable, understand their medications, and have appropriate follow-up care scheduled and coordinated
- Follows up with patients after discharge from the Emergency Department to reinforce education and advocate for follow up with their primary care provider. Visit our Same Day Care Guide.
- Educates and supports patients with such chronic conditions as diabetes, cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and congestive heart failure
- Serves as a resource for social needs. Visit our Community Resource Guide.
The Care Coordinators at The Corvallis Clinic also meet at least weekly with the primary care teams to discuss patients’ needs, review policy changes, advocate for needed preventive measures, and maintain a relationship based on good communication.
The Care Coordination team provides an essential service in improving the health and well-being of The Corvallis Clinic’s primary care patients.