Concussions are mild traumatic brain injuries that occur after an impact to your head. Treated properly, they are often temporary. Our team of Concussion Care experts can provide you with all the treatment that’s essential for long-lasting benefit.
Concussion Care for Everyone
Athletes are susceptible to concussions especially if they participate in a contact sport, such as football or soccer. Athletes aren’t the only ones who get concussions. Young children at play are especially vulnerable. The elderly are susceptible because of falls and motor vehicle accidents can impact anyone who experiences head trauma or whiplash.
That’s why our concussion care team not only provides expert care for athletes but also expertly treats anyone who’s suffered any kind of head trauma. We’re here to help everyone heal.
Experienced, Up-to-Date Concussion Care Experts
Every provider in our Concussion Care Program is a proven expert in his or her specialty, board-certified, with years of skilled practice. Together, they have successfully treated thousands of patients. Given their focus on concussion care, our providers make it a point to stay up-to-date on new developments, for the benefit of our patients.
Coordinated Care Assures Better Results
One of the advantages of coming to The Corvallis Clinic is having everything you need for concussion care all in one place.
No two concussions are exactly alike. And there is no “one-size-fixes-all” treatment plan and rehabilitation timeline.
The providers in our Concussion Care Program work closely together, offering a comprehensive continuum of care, from initial evaluation through diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, and follow-up.
It’s personalized for you, and carefully coordinated with continuous communication, to assure optimum attention to your safe, successful return to play, school, or work.
Our team comprises specialists in Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine; which includes a certified sports medicine physician. The services we provide for adults, adolescents, and children as young as 5 includes:
- Post-injury medical evaluation with a Concussion Care provider
- Concussion education
- Post-injury follow-up evaluation, including determination for Return-to-Play, Return-to-Learn, and/or Return-to-Work
- Assessment and management services for previously determined “intractable” and long-standing concussion symptoms and Post Concussion Syndrome
- Post-injury recommendations for rehabilitation and treatment, including referrals – as needed – for screening, testing, or treatments, including:
- Headache and pain management
- Balance/dizziness/vestibular evaluation and treatment
- Cognitive evaluation (mood, cognition, behavior changes)
- Sleep/fatigue management
- Vision screening
- Concussion-specific MRI or other radiological imaging
- Musculoskeletal evaluation and treatment