Hands-on Time 36 Mins
Total Time 1 Hour 34 Mins
Yield Serves 6 (serving size: 1 piece)
• 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
• 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon organic vegetable broth, divided
• 1 cup fat-free milk
• 4 garlic cloves
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Dash of ground nutmeg
• 2 ounces cave-aged Gruyère cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
• 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup), divided
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 small onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
• 1 pound sliced cremini mushrooms
• 1 bunch Swiss chard, trimmed and very thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
• 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and chopped
• Cooking spray
• 6 whole-wheat lasagna noodles (such as Bionaturae), cooked
• 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
• 1 ounce finely grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 1/4 cup)
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine squash, 1 cup broth, milk, and garlic in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until squash is tender (about 20 minutes). Remove from heat.
Place squash mixture in a blender. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Place blended squash mixture in a bowl; add Gruyère cheese and 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, stirring until cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook 7 minutes or until browned and liquid evaporates. Add chard and remaining 1 tablespoon broth. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until chard wilts. Place chard mixture in a fine sieve; drain 5 minutes. Place chard mixture in a bowl. Add pine nuts; toss to combine.
Spread 1/2 cup squash sauce in bottom of a broiler-safe 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce; top with half of chard mixture. Dollop ricotta cheese on top of chard. Spread half of remaining sauce over top. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce. Top with remaining chard mixture; top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 5 ounces mozzarella cheese and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until bubbly.
Preheat broiler to high. (Keep lasagna in oven.)
Broil lasagna 3 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes.
• Calories 363
• Fat 16.2g
• Sat fat 6.3g
• Mono fat 5.2g
• Poly fat 2.2g