The Corvallis Clinic was founded in 1947 by Drs. Frederick Asbury, Kurt Aumann and Robert Marcum. These physicians were committed to making The Clinic an integral part of the Corvallis community and opened their original practice in downtown Corvallis.
In 1952, a building constructed at NW 27th Street and Tyler Avenue in Corvallis became The Clinic’s first permanent home. Today, that building houses the Benton County Health Department.
In the mid-1970s, construction of The Clinic’s current site, which is named the Asbury Building, coincided with the relocation of Good Samaritan Hospital. In 1978, The Clinic moved its headquarters to that location at 3680 NW Samaritan Drive. In 1994, expansion began with the renovation of the former Elks Lodge across the street from the Asbury Building at 444 NW Elks Drive. That facility is named the Aumann Building.
Additional growth of The Clinic came in the 1990s when Philomath Family Medicine on Applegate Street and The Corvallis Clinic at Waverly Drive/Albany (formerly Albany Family & Specialty Medicine) became part of The Clinic family. In March 2007, The Corvallis Clinic Surgery Center opened its doors on Elks Drive in Corvallis as the first outpatient surgery center to serve the mid-Willamette Valley. In November 2008, The Corvallis Clinic at North Albany Village opened its doors with three primary care physicians in an area of Albany that had no medical offices.
Today, The Corvallis Clinic has grown from its three founding physicians to more than 100 providers and support staff totaling 620.