*Please follow these instructions carefully to help prevent infections & keep the skin as clean as possible*
WHAT/WHERE TO PURCHASE FOR YOUR SHOWER:
• Go to any retail pharmacy & ask them for Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% LIQUID SOAP (HIBICLENS). This is an over-the-counter product that can be purchased without a prescription.
• Purchase the smallest size available.
DO NOT SHAVE:
• DO NOT SHAVE any body parts from the neck down within 3 days before procedure or surgery.
• Shaving can increase your risk of infection.
WHEN TO SHOWER:
• The night before your procedure/surgery AND the morning of your procedure/surgery.
• If you have had a POSITIVE NASAL SWAB, you will need to shower with Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% LIQUID SOAP (HIBICLENS) DAILY for 5 days prior to surgery.
• If you have had a POSITIVE NASAL SWAB, we will send in a prescription for Mupirocin Ointment. You will instill the ointment into each nostril two times a day for the five days prior to your procedure.
HOW TO SHOWER:
• In the shower, thoroughly wet skin, then turn off the water & wash the skin in a vigorous manner from the neck down with the Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% LIQUID SOAP (HIBICLENS). When washing with this product, keep out of the eyes, ears & mouth. If the product does get into these
areas, promptly rinse repeatedly with water. Pay special attention to the area where your procedure or surgery will be done as well as the belly button, groin, hands & feet. Do not use it on the vagina, penis, or rectum. Ask someone for help if you are unable to wash certain areas of your body.
• Do not immediately rinse. Allow HIBICLENS to be on your skin for 2 minutes.
• Turn the water back on, rinse thoroughly, & then very gently pat dry with a freshly laundered clean towel.
AFTER YOUR SHOWER:
• DO NOT use any powder, deodorant, perfumes, or lotions.
• Wear freshly laundered pajamas to bed & sleep on freshly laundered sheets
• Wear freshly laundered clothes to the hospital.
**Please call (541) 754-1286 if you have any questions or concerns**