A Sleep Diary is a set of questions that you answer after awakening about the sleep you just experienced. Each diary covers a 7-day week. You should keep a diary for each week during active CBT-I treatment and bring your diaries to each appointment.
(1) On each day, complete the diary soon after your final awakening.
(2) Keep the diary in a place where it is likely for you to see and complete it. Tip: Link it to something you always do. For example, keep it next to your toothbrush and compete it before brushing your teeth.
(3) For each question, use your best guess. Don’t rely on data from electronic devices.
(4) During the night, don’t worry about keeping track of times. Avoid clock watching.
(5) Bring completed diaries to your sessions. You can also send me a photo of your diary prior to a session by either uploading it to my secure “file upload” page or to the Patient Portal (see links below). The first option is easier because it does not require you to log-in.
Patient Portal (Corvallis Clinic)