**Please call (541) 754-1286 to get your check-in time.
The Good Samaritan Regional Medical Samaritan is located at 3600 NW Samaritan Dr., Corvallis, OR. PLEASE CHECK IN AT THE MAIN ADMITTING DESK.
1. Please do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery.
2. You may take all of your prescription medications as prescribed by your doctor, with a small sip of water, unless otherwise instructed. If you take any blood-thinning medications, such as Coumadin, Warfarin, Plavix, please discuss this with the surgeon and your PCP prior to scheduling. Please stop Aspirin, Aleve & Ibuprofen 7 days prior to your procedure.
3. Pre-operative tests have been ordered for you (blood work, EKG, MRSA nasal swab). Please complete all tests at least 7 days prior to surgery, but no more than 30 days before surgery. These may be done at any Corvallis Clinic location.
4. A Covid-19 nasal swab test has been scheduled for you. Additional information.
5. Perform a Hibbiclens shower the night before and the morning of surgery. Instructions.
6. Please do not perform any pre-operative shaving.
7. Please wear something comfortable & easy to remove. Please do not wear deodorant, perfume, make-up, or lotions before coming in for surgery. Please remove all body jewelry except ear piercings. Leave your jewelry & valuables at home. If you are spending the night you may bring your own robe, slippers, toothbrush, or other personal items, but it is not necessary as these items can be made available to you.
8. You will need someone you know OVER THE AGE OF 18 to take you home after the surgery. At this time they are not allowed in the hospital with you.
9. For your post-operative pain, Dr. Bombeck has developed a pain protocol which you can read about here.
Please have the following on hand for use after your surgery:
Cubed or crushed ice
Dr. Bombeck may also prescribe a narcotic pain medication for you. As a result, you may experience constipation. Dr. Bombeck recommends the following, which can be purchased over-the-counter at any pharmacy.
Colace 100 mg – Take 1 capsule daily until you have discontinued your narcotic pain medication.
If constipation becomes an issue, please call our office
10. We will see you back in the office 1-2 weeks after your surgery. If this appt is not provided for you when you call to get your check-in time, please call our office to schedule.
11. Please call our office if you have any questions or concerns after reading through this packet. It makes us sad to have to cancel any procedure due to an oversight or mistake that could have been avoided by a phone call! We usually return phone calls the same day. Or better yet, reach out to us on the Patient Portal!