As a patient of the The Corvallis Clinic, you have the right to:
- Be given appropriate and professional quality care without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual preference, disability or age.
- Be treated with courtesy and respect by all persons providing care or services, and be assured of data confidentiality.
- Be given the necessary information enabling an informed consent for treatment prior to the start of any treatment, and to participate in treatment decisions.
- Be given complete and current information concerning your diagnosis, treatment, alternatives, risks and financial costs as required by legal duties to disclose, in terms you can understand.
- Voice grievances with, and/or suggest changes in our services without being threatened, restrained, or discriminated against.
- Refuse treatment within the confines of the law and to receive information concerning the consequences of refusing treatment.
As a patient, you have the responsibility to:
- Give accurate and complete health information concerning your past illness, hospitalizations, medicines, allergies, and other pertinent information as requested.
- Inform The Corvallis Clinic of any changes in your personal data regarding name/address/ phone changes, insurance billing changes, and other pertinent information as requested.
- Adhere to the treatment regime as prescribed by the physician or to his/her other health care provider.
- Request further information about anything you are concerned about or do not fully understand.
- Give information to a staff member regarding problems, concerns, or suggestions you may have.