- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 large tarragon sprigs
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Rosemary-Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Asparagus with Lemon and Pecorino
Combine first 4 ingredients in a small heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 9 minutes). Remove from heat; strain through a fine sieve over a measuring cup, pressing mixture to release liquid. Discard solids. Return liquid to pan. Add butter, 1 piece at a time, stirring with a whisk until butter is incorporated. Stir in tarragon.
Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and ground pepper. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with sauce.