RECIPE BY COOKING LIGHT
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 3/4 cup chopped onion
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 5 regular or whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted and divided
• 6 ounces presliced cremini mushrooms
• 1 (8-ounce) pouch precooked black beluga lentils (such as Archer Farms)
• 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
• 1 1/2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup baby arugula
How to Make It
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat.
Place 1 bun in a food processor; process until coarse crumbs form. Remove breadcrumbs from food processor; set aside.
Combine mushrooms, lentils, 2 teaspoons mustard, and the next 3 ingredients (through salt) in food processor; pulse to combine.
Combine onion mixture, breadcrumbs, mushroom mixture, and egg in a large bowl, stirring well. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, gently shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add patties; cook for 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove patties from pan; arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle patties evenly with cheese. Place under broiler for 2 minutes or until cheese is softened.
Combine canola mayonnaise and remaining 2 teaspoons mustard in a small bowl. Spread the top half of each of the remaining 4 buns with 2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture. Top each bottom half of bun with 1 patty. Divide arugula evenly among burgers; top with top half of bun, mayonnaise-coated side down.
• Calories 387
• Fat 11.4g
• Sat fat 2.4g
• Mono fat 4.9g
• Poly fat 2.4g
• Protein 20.1g
• Carbohydrate 51.4g
• Fiber 7.2g
• Cholesterol 56mg
• Iron 3.1mg
• Sodium 579mg